Will of God

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the reWill of Godnewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2).

I have been asked many questions about the will of God. “How do I know the will of God for my life?” “How do I know in a situation when I have two options which way God wants me to go?” “How do I know when to change jobs?” “How do I know which person I am supposed to marry?” “What school should I put my kids in?”

As Christians, we believe God is interested in these decisions and that He has a plan for our lives. We believe God has a preference as to which direction we should take, but discovering His will can be a frustrating process.

God definitely has a will for you! If you were to take a concordance and look up the phrases “will of God” and God’s will,” you would find that, in the New Testament, the phrases fall into two categories. One category is God’s “moral will.” The other category is God’s “personal will.”

God’s moral will in Scripture is the “do’s” and “don’ts” “Though shalt do this. Though shalt not do this.” Peter says it is God’s will we obey human government. Paul writes it is the will of God we be sanctified and abstain from moral impurity. There are almost a dozen other instances in the New Testament where God says, “This is my will.”

The other category of God’s will we are usually interested in is His personal will, which is His personal agenda for our lives. These are the things He has specifically designed for us to do. Paul was “called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God” (1 Corinthians 1:1). God didn’t call everybody to be an apostle. That was His specific will for Paul.

Why do we even have to discover God’s will? If we are His children and He is our heavenly Father, why doesn’t He just make His will plain to us? Why all the mystery? Why all the tension? Why all the pressure? Why all the fasting and praying?

As we read the Bible, we find that God is always more interested in revealing Himself than simply revealing details about His will for us. God does not want to function simply as an information center for our lives. He wants to be involved in our lives in the most intimate of ways through a relationship that revolves around faith and trust. In times of pressure and questioning, when we seek His will, God has the intention of drawing us into a more intimate relationship with Him.

Think about a time when you had to make a big decision. You prayed diligently and finally came to a conclusion about God’s plan. Not only did you arrive at an action plan, but you also emerged from the situation amazed at the goodness and grace of God. You not only had more information about what God wanted you to do, but you also had an awareness of who He is and how much He loves you.

God is involved in this process of discovering His will and while we may simply want information, He wants us to trust Him. The principle of discovering God’s will is couched in the context of a relationship. He is working to reveal Himself to us because He wants us to walk away from the process with our faith greater and our relationship more intimate.

Fortunately, God has given us an incredible and practical approach to discern His will. It is not some kind of mysterious journey. He has given us objective markers to help us know if our decisions agree with His will for our lives.

The first marker is God’s moral will. God will never lead us to do anything that is in conflict with His moral will. Any decision we make or any option we are looking at that is in conflict with God’s moral will is simply not of God. He will never lead a husband to leave his wife for a more spiritual woman. It won’t happen. That is not God. He will never lead a teenager to rebel against his or her parents. That is not God’s way. He will never lead us to cheat on our income tax in order to give more money to the church.

God’s moral will plays another important role. Obeying His moral will (the things that are clear) is the foundation for decision making in the more challenging area of discerning God’s personal will. In John 14:21, Jesus put it this way: “Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

The man or woman who develops a lifestyle in harmony with God’s moral commands will experience God’s guidance. When you and I live lives of obedience, we are constantly in step with God’s thoughts and God’s ways. It makes sense that we would be able to discern His voice more easily.

The second marker to know if our decisions agree with God’s will are the principles of His Word. The Bible is full of principles and here is the key: at some point in our decision making, our options will intersect with the principles of God’s Word. God has given us His principles as a check and balance in our decision making process.

The difference between God’s moral law and His principles is this: God’s moral law is clear commands. “This is what you do. This is what you don’t do.” Principles, however, are more like equations – an equation where God says, “If a man does this, he can expect that to happen. If a woman does this, she can expect that to happen.”

Discovering the will of God is not the result of spending hours in a spiritual darkroom. That is not the picture. God has made it far simpler than that. It is not a mystical thing. It is very practical. God has given us principles that intersect with all the choices we must make. God wants to renew our minds with His principles.

Principles take precedent over a sense of inner peace. God does not want us to be slaves to vacillating feelings. He is far more practical than that. If we keep God’s moral law and constantly renew our minds to what is true, then as the decisions come along, we will be able to sort out the options and discern what the will of God is for us.

Do you spend time in God’s Word every day? If you don’t and if you are not in some sort of systematic discipline to fill your mind with God’s principles, you are going to have a difficult time making the right decisions because the key to decision making is the principles of His Word. Promises have a role, but they are girded by principles.

We are to meditate on the Word of God. Scripture gives us understanding of the ways, will, and purpose of God. Psalm 119:105 says, “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” As we search and think deeply on the Word of God, asking Him to speak to our hearts, God will work in such a way to help us understand His will. The only way to know the mind of God is to know the Scriptures. The Scriptures sift, purify, and clear up our thinking process so we are able to think after God.

The third marker to know if our decisions agree with God’s will is wisdom. Ephesians 5:15 says, “Be very careful how you live, not as unwise but as wise.” In light of where I want to be in the future, what kind of marriage and family I want to have, where I want to be financially, where I want to be in terms of my career, and where I want to be in terms of my ability to serve God, is this the wise thing to do?

Let’s ignore the ridiculous. Don’t worry about what color socks you are going to wear. That is not the issue. We are talking about decisions in our lives that matter – who we are going to marry, how we are going to spend or invest our time, what we are going to do with our money, relationships, and family.

Sometimes God will give us wise counsel through others. However, before we seek somebody’s counsel, first examine his or her life. Is that person living in obedience to God? Is his lifestyle one of submission to the will of God? A godly counselor will tell us the truth whether we like it or not. If somebody is committed to God’s principles, he is going to be honest with us. Godly counselors are often God’s way of providing direction.

The Holy Spirit also has an essential role in helping us know God’s will (1 Corinthians 2:12). One of the purposes of the Holy Spirit is to show us truth. Remember what Jesus said in the Upper Room? He said, “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all the truth” (John 16:13).

There will be times when you are suddenly faced with a decision. In that moment, you may not be certain what to do, which way to turn. As one of His prescribed, designated, divine responsibilities the Holy Spirit unfolds and unveils God’s will for us by interceding on our behalf with God to reveal the mind of Christ in that given issue.

However, if you have sin in your life – willful, deliberate sin – trying to discover God’s will is frustrating. I am not saying you will never know the will of God if there is sin in your life, but you sure do make it difficult. Sometimes God may show you exactly what to do, but then He will say it will never work until you deal with the sin problem.

There is danger in praying and asking for God to show us His plan in a major decision when there is willful, deliberate sin in your life. Something is wrong in your thinking process if you are tolerating sin. You have rationalized a given area that God says has to be dealt with. Here is the problem: our evaluation of sin is not the same as God’s! He hates it. He wants it out of our lives. He sees it as a stumbling block to His best for us.

Remember, we belong to God. We do not have the right to make up our minds about what we are going to do and how we are going to do it independently of the will, purpose, plan, and desire of God. We forsook that right the day we received the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior. In that moment, He became the Lord of our lives.

Sometimes God delays revealing His will because He is getting us ready. He knows we are not prepared to fulfill His plan. For example, you may lose your job and say, “Lord, what am I going to do?” God knows that in three months, He has the most fantastic job ready for you, but He is working on some character traits such as perseverance and faith in your life in the interim.

Read more here: Back to the Basics: A Guide for Christian Living.

About these ads

About Pastor Joe Quatrone, Jr.

Pastor Joe has been serving in Christian ministry for 15 years. He desires to nurture and disciple believers, helping them experience a deeper level of commitment and faith in the Lord. He is the author of "Back to the Basics: A Guide for Christian Living." Through a commitment to servant leadership, he proclaims relevant Bible truth, equips the saints for effective ministry, and builds up the body of Christ. Married eleven years, Pastor Joe and his wife live in New Jersey and have two children.
This entry was posted in Christian Living 101 and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

96 Responses to Will of God

1. johnedoe says:

good mornin joe dude!!!! dude,..i LIKE THIS ONE!!!!!!!……….coffee time,…..tok n a few

2. RebeccaAarup says:

1) If you’ve spent any time at my blog you’ll see I am obsessed with Psalm 119! I spent 14 months in study of that chapter, and the principles in it are life-changing when applied.

2) The only thing I wanted to add: you said “It doesn’t matter what color socks you’re wearing.” And while I AGREE, those things are not “important” I’d like to point out that there is overwhelming evidence in the WORD that God cares about the things that matter to us. (Psa 56:8, 1 Pet. 5:7) I’ve heard people say, “God doesn’t care what house you move into…” as if He’s just too busy for things that aren’t life or death. It simply is not true. I’ve learned that God DOES care, I just need to be willing to lay my concerns at His feet.
    When I’m shopping I seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and if I don’t have peace I don’t buy it. Same with food choices, going to a friend’s house, or how much to pay on a debt I’m trying to eliminate. If I listen, God will direct ALL my steps. Just like we have a tendency to say God hates one sin more than another, we have a tendency to say he cares more about “big” things. His word doesn’t support that theory. It says he cares for us, period. A lot of our anxities could be resolved if we sought Him first regarding where to go and what to do. We probably wouldn’t be so overwhelmed and overworked. “Walking Wisely” by Charles Stanley is a great resource regarding hearing the Holy Spirits direction in every area, even the “little”things. I believe this constant communication is how we “pray without ceasing.” (1 Thess. 5:17)
    Let’s face it, if we prayed, “Lord, is this the wisest choice I can make? Is this wholesome for my temple?” before pulling in at any given fast food restaurant, we probably would keep driving. (And no, I am not saying McDonalds is a sin! I’m just using an illustration…) The reason we don’t ask many times is we’re not sure we’d like the answer or we’ve been taught that God is too big to care about such things. But, James 4:17 tells us if we know what we’re supposed to do and don’t do it, it’s sin for us.
    I would encourage Jesus followers to seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance in everything. You’ll learn how to pray constantly, and you’ll likely make much better decisions in the “little” things that will lead to easier decisions in the “big” things. God CARES, really. It’s also a great faith builder seeing God work in every detail in your life.
    “So whether you eat or drink, or WHATEVER you do, do ALL to the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31

• johnedoe says:

p.s. isn’t charles stanley cool!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?? i love his crazy tone of voice too!!!!

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

That’s incredible, Rebecca! Charles Stanley is my all time favorite preacher! Psalm 119 is a wonderful chapter of Scripture. I’m sure you gleaned some amazing and practical insights from your 14 months of study. Was this an independent study, class, or something else?

Thanks for pointing out God is interested in all our decisions. Those supporting Scriptures are great verses! Even in our deepest sorrow, God cares! We can cast all out anxiety on Him. By carrying worries, stresses, and daily struggles by ourselves, we show that we have not trusted God fully with our lives. It takes humility to recognize God cares, to admit our needs, and to let God (and others in His family) helps us. God’s love must permeate our motives, so that all we do will be for His glory (sometimes this is easier said than done, though). “Is this action glorifying to God?” “How can I honor God through this action?”

Great insights, Rebecca!

• RebeccaAarup says:

It was an independent study, as I was writing a devotional book about Psalm 119. I have since finished it, but sensed the Spirit calling me to “wait” on the manuscript. It may need more work, not sure. So in the meantime I’m working on other projects. I studied several commentaries and did a tremendous amount of research which completely changed my life. There is almost nothing this chapter doesn’t address for our spiritual lives. I could read it over and over again and feel like it’s fresh each time. I love HIS WORD! :)

I met Charles Stanley and got his autograph last year on his new book, “Surviving in an Angry World.” I LOVE his teaching, he is definitely a spiritual hero of mine, since I was a kid! I’ve read just about everything of his, I think. I especially enjoy the “Handbook for Christian Living” which addresses just about EVERYTHING you can think of.

• johnedoe says:

i shoulda known that you were a charles stanley fan too, joe!!!!!!!!!

3. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on God’s will…

4. johnedoe says:

hi rebecca!!!!!! what you wrote just now made me laugh!!!!! in a good way!!!!!,……..now,….i think, in part,…due to our good old human nature, we (myself!!!) tend to have (develop???) a type of good natured sarcasm (if there is such a thing, that is) to help to keep us from wanting to scream at “certain” people!!!!!!??? lol……i like your reflection concerning the “OVER-PRAYERS”….those (of us) who want to just pray something TO DEATH!!!!! LOL……..

i have an aunt who is one of “those” people……when i was a little kid, i would listen to her “religiosity speak”, which she “constantly” spoke in, and it blew my little kid mind!!! lol….yup, i prayed about this!!! i prayed about that!!!! i prayed about more things to pray about!!!! i even prayed about praying!!!!!….lol………i am not even joking in the slightest here!!!

if you were to ask her when the last time that she read her bible was (with the honest intent of seekin God’s ways to actually “live” them in her “life of (extremely prayerful!!!) faith,….well…..she would probably pray about the answer before she would give it to you!!!!!!!!………if she had an answer. what i mean is,…so many of us try to “pray”,….instead of “seeking to truly grow” in our faith,…………..maybe it goes to “reason” that if we “give so much of our time in prayer”,…that “surely”,…WE “MUST BE” GROWING CLOSER TO GOD!????…….this makes me think of when jesus says,…….”WHY DO YOU CALL (out in prayer) TO ME,…..LORD, (this) LORD, (that) LORD, (the other)………”YET”,….YOU,….DO,….NOT,….WHAT I SAY?????…….(a little twist to the old “faith without works is dead” scripture, perhaps?????? worth thinkin about.)

we as humans,……are just funny!!!!!! in good ways. and bad ways. i am now thinking of the “OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE” saying/scripture…………..we “sacrifice” our valuable time to (over) pray,…..yet we “do not sacrifice” our valuable time to “seek (in the bible) what may be, could be, can be, might be, should be,….etc,….beneficial to our changing, maturing,…growing closer to God,…and stronger in our faith????????

at the end of the day,…we are just so, so, so, tired (due to the excessive amount of prayer!!!!! lol) and our “trials?” have made us so, so, so, so, weary,…….boo hoo,……..and it seems that our prayers weren’t answered,…….boo hoo,……..that mean old devil must be after me because i am being so faithful and Godly,…that the mean old devil is “stoppin” my prayers from being answered,….boo hoo…..no one said it was easy being a “prayer warrior!!!”…..boo hoo,….boo hoo,…… (lol!!!!! can you tell that i am “still” hearing my aunt’s voice as i write this??????!!!) lol……….

5. johnedoe says:

rebecca,…i loved what you wrote, by the way!!!!!!! i hope that you didn’t think otherwise, ok???!!!!

• RebeccaAarup says:

John, I tried to follow what you were saying but I’m not sure I completely understood.

I was not in anyway being sarcastic or humorous. I believe the Bible, so when it says “pray without ceasing” it means be in constant contact with God. In this way, there is no such thing as “too much prayer”.
      Im not talking about being on our knees at our bedside six hours a day, I mean communicating with the Holy Spirit while I’m going about my day, including my bible study time.
      Spending hours on end reading the Bible accomplishes little without first praying “Open my eyes” (Psalm 119:18) and “Guide me into truth” (John 16:13). Prayer and the word go hand in hand.
      I think, rather than make fun of your aunt, you should marvel at her spiritual discipline and dedication to prayer, which few have these days. Most are so unfamiliar with the voice of God they think he just doesn’t communicate with us except through his word. He does both: speaks through his word and through the Holy Spirit to our hearts.

I DO pray about my food choices, in order to honor God with my body. I DO pray about paying bills and making purchases, because I want to.honor God through my finances. Some things are obvious, like Joe said, I don’t pray about leaving my unbelieving husband because I know the word would not support that. If we know the word, then we’ll know how to behave in certain instances, eliminating the need to pray for guidance (because we’ve already gotten the guidance in his word). But many other things are not specifically mentioned in the Bible so we have the opportunity to use our knowledge of the word with our desire to do his will along with the guidance of the spirit to make the right choices. If the Bible says pray without ceasing and glorify God in ALL we do, you can rest assured its meant literally.

6. skymunki says:

Reblogged this on skymunki and commented:
    beautiful.

7. johnedoe says:

lol…..as for the sarcasm,….i meant,…”mine!!!” lol…..and not “about” your letter!!! i loved your letter, as i already stated!!!……i wasn’t making fun of my aunt,…i was “reflecting”, quite literally, actually!!!!…………one of the things that i loved about what you wrote were the details that you put into it!!!! very nice!!!! as an artist, everything that i do is about details,….even what may or could be considered (if, even seen at all, by most) to be the insignificant,..or,..unimportant details???,…..there is an old saying that “GOD IS “IN” THE DETAILS”……..i believe this to be very, very, true…….we can miss out on so many wonderful things when we miss the details. to me, nothing is trivial.

8. johnedoe says:

hi again rebecca,…if you would,…can give an example or two of things that aren’t mentioned in the bible which you earlier spoke?….if you want to….

• RebeccaAarup says:

With pleasure.

Should you eat a greasy cheeseburger?
      Should you buy a 62″ TV?
      Should you play a video game?
      Should you watch that movie?
      Should you read that novel?
      Should you have a drink?
      Should you smoke a cigar?
      Should you play that round of golf?

These are all specific things not mentioned in the Bible, but things we can get guidance from through the Holy Spirit.

There have been many times when I’ve been shopping and wanted to buy something only to sense the voice of the Holy Spirit telling me “no”. I may have had the money to make the purchase and wanted the item, but when asking the Spirit if I should, he directs me. Later I find out an unexpected expense came up (car trouble…family in need…etc) and if I had spent that money, I would not have been able to take care of the other needs. I avoid a lot of heartache doing this and trusting God because He knows the future where I do not. Does the Bible tell me whether or not to buy a shirt for $20 or spend $15 on a new appliance? No, it doesn’t. BUT, those are choices that can be honoring to God IF I ask him about it. (“WhatEVER you do, do all to the glory of God” 1 Cor 10:31) Only HE knows if I’d regret spending that money when there was another need I could have met. Is buying a shirt or appliance sin? Of course not! But if I ask Him, he tells me no, and I do it anyways, it IS sin for me. (James 4:17)

• johnedoe says:

this is great!!!!!!!! i wrote you another thank you for your question response but it hasn’t posted yet!!!!!! i love it!!!!! thx rebecca!!!!! you are so cccoooooolllllllllll……

• ritap24 says:

I was reading your comments and i think for many of us we cannot get the world out of our thoughts. They are constant. Everything we see and do and feel are in our thoughts. I know there are times when the voice I heard was not from God and
        Christians need to be discerning about voices. When I told a psychologist that
        I heard God speak to me, she said…”You are Bipolar”…..So many people
        think the same thing when someone says they heard a voice. I trust God in
        all things and He hasn’t let me down. I know He is in my camp and if I want
        to make a decision, He and the Holy Spirit help me make it. If I worry about
        something, there will be an answer eventually. I do not when that answer will
        come, I just know it will.

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

I agree. Good to hear from you, Rita!

• ritap24 says:

I love how you ask questions to get people talking. This last question on “what is the difference between humility and being a pushover” is thought provoking. Thanks Joe, and I pray that all those your know, all their families and yours have joy and love this season through our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank God for another year to be with our family and children!

9. Life on the Potter's Wheel says:

Reblogged this on Life on the Potter's Wheel and commented:
    An absolutely inspired post by Joe Quatrone, Jr.! If I had a list of “must reads” for all Christians, this would definitely be on it. In this post he eloquently addresses in simple, understandable terms one of the areas of greatest struggle, confusion and, above all, importance for Christians – the will of God. I can’t recommend it enough!

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Thank you, Cindy, for your kind words. I pray the Lord will speak to everyone who reads this.

10. Life on the Potter's Wheel says:

What I wouldn’t have given to have read this post 25 years ago. Have you ever noticed how you can read something and you just know that the wisdom and insight in its words reflect nothing less than the touch of God Himself, that it is truly inspired? This is one of those things. I will read this again and again and again. Thank you, Joe, for letting God use you in such a mighty way!!

11. ediddydub says:

Amazing post, Joe! So many people ask me all the time that very question, “What is God’s Will for my life, and how do I know that I’m doing God’s Will?” God has allowed you to explain it in such a way that makes it easier to recognize when we are operating in His Will. Furthermore, if we know that we are children of God, we can rest, assured that God is never going to lead us in the wrong direction, because our steps are ordered by God. Like you stated, God wants to have an intimate relationship with us in which we walk with Him daily, and understand His nature through our experiences, not by some carbon-copy footprint of who He. In walking with Him, we fulfill the Scripture that states that we should “trust the Lord with all our heart, and to not lean on our own understandings. As we acknowlege Him in all our ways, He shall direct our paths.” Excellent post, and thanks for sharing!
    :D

12. blodge1 says:

Hi
    Your post is insightful. I wonder if you would consider teaching on specific verses or passages in the Bible on your blog?

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Thank you, my friend. I am a student of the Word and enjoy interpreting Scripture (for my own sake and for others). Do you have any specific verses or passages in mind?

• blodge1 says:

Hi
        I have been reading Matthew and there are some hard words in there by Jesus, particularly echoing some of the OT verses about how some of us hear but do not understand etc. when Jesus was speaking to the crowds in parables. Also when he tells those he heals not to let others know he has done so. I note that you have already touched on hard hearts, but wonder if you have further insights?
        As I read the Bible, I find that there are verses I wish to understand more clearly. Would it be ok to email you whenever I come across them just to see if you would consider teaching on them?

13. johnedoe says:

the “will” of God,…….i have heard it asked so many times,..”WHAT IS GOD’S WILL FOR MY LIFE?????………but, what exacly,….is GOD’S,….”WILL????”…….

without going into too much detail about the word, “WILL”, here and now,….it can be perhaps more easily “understood/viewed” in the following way……….

“when i have heard this question about God’s “WILL” asked,…and,…even in the times when i have “wondered” a time, or two in and for, my own life,….the word, “WILL”,…means,…..what does God “want” for my life???? or perhaps this,…”what is God’s “PLAN” for my life?????? does that fit with anyone else’s line of thinking, or experience in your own life, or lives???

What exactly is God “going” to “do” with my life????? Joe brought up 3 specific and, I believe to be, very common, very human questions earlier,…which are these. “How do I “know” (when) to change jobs?” “How do I “know” (which) person I am supposed to marry?” How do i “know” (what) school should I put my kids in?” As I said,…very normal and human questions that we could, and may, all (most of us, with certain exceptions) have asked, or, “will ask”, or “wonder” about in our lives. All 3 questions have one thing in common. The word,…”KNOW.”

WHEN. WHICH. WHAT. KNOW. KNOWING. future certainties. something solid.

We, “want” to know. We, “want” to be certain. We, “want” to be sure. hhmmmm……….we,…”want”

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPARD, I SHALL NOT???? WANT. Or, I shall be in, “want”, for,…nothing. Or, I shall be in, “lack”, of nothing. I shall be lacking nothing. (I won’t be missing a thing.) I,…”WILL” NOT,…BE MISSING A THING. Lord “willing.”

Jesus tells us in the Lords prayer,…(Matthew 6) take no “thought” for tomorrow, it has it’s own concerns, “tomorrow”,….”WILL” take care of itself. ????? hhmmmm……no thought for tomorrow??????? The future, maybe???

Because of our thoughts, or, “worries/concerns”,…we, would be, “living in the future.” It’s hard/difficult, (if not impossible), to be “truly thankful” for what we “do have”, and, “have been given” (blessed with) today,…when we are focused on what we don’t (yet) have,…and can’t, (CAN NOT) have, because tomorrow is not here yet.

In truth, or, in fact,…tomorrow is NEVER HERE. IT IS “ONLY” A WORD. TOMORROW IS, “NEVER”, A REALITY. YET,….WE ALL, “WANT” TO “WORRY” ABOUT IT??? I think Jesus understood us, and still does,….very, very, well. Don’t you???

If it’s true that we are lacking nothing today, then why do we want for tomorrow?

It’s normal to think about the future. Our future. Our families future. I do. But, what happens when we live in, “our”, thoughts and cares of tomorrow,..to the point of missing today??? Can we be “wondering” about God’s will for our future,…and miss, or be missing, His will for our life today? Perhaps, or “because” we are living in the future???

so,….we pray and pray and pray, and think an think and think, and worry and worry and worry about what God has in store for our human worldly future. Worrying about the future. Could “worry”, quite simply be, a/the opposite of, or,….lack of,….faith???

now,…all of that was about our normal human thoughts,….so,….back to GOD’S WILL FOR US?

I was talking to a preacher years ago about this and i told him that i knew GOD’S WILL FOR MY LIFE. I KNEW, AND STILL KNOW, EXACTLY WHAT GOD WANTS, AND HAS WILLED FOR MY LIFE. SIMPLE AS THAT. (by the way,..the answer, and/or, “will” for me, is the SAME ANSWER, AND/OR,…”WILL”, FOR YOU.

Actually, according to the bible, God’s Word,….FOR ALL OF US.)

I will never forget the look on the preacher’s face when I told him this. He looked at me as if I was insane. He had been a preacher, and a christian, for many, many, years. I believe the look on his face had to do with the fact that a cigarette smokin, long haired, grungy, freaky lookin, artist, hippie, kid, had just made the CLAIM THAT I KNEW GOD’S WILL FOR ALL OF OUR LIVES. Now, that is just me stating a fact, based on, what I experienced in telling this man what I did. I will not tell the whole story of our time spent together that day, either. There is no need to.

So, about GOD’S WILL FOR MY (OUR) LIFE (LIVES)?????? Above, I wrote,…ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE. Did you see that? According to,…the bible??? yup.

Now, it would be, and could be, easy to,…”think, feel, or believe”, that i took a scripture from here, and then took one from there, and then a couple more from here, and here,….and THEN DECIDED ON MY OWN, USING MY REASONING HUMAN MIND, AND/OR THOUGHTS OF THE FUTURE, (?????hhhmmm) thus deducing that I,…”NOW”,…”ABSOLUTELY KNOW” GOD’S “TRUE” WILL FOR MY LIFE,….wouldn’t it????? But, the thing is,…I didn’t, DID NOT, do that. Let me “show you”, so that you may “KNOW”,…”FOR CERTAIN”,….for yourself,…..ok????

HERE YOU GO,…..ENJOY!!!!!! beginning at ROMANS 8:24

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
    26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

OKAY,…THERE IT IS……TRUTH IS, IT’S “HIDDEN” IN THERE,…..SO,….I’M GONNA STOP WRITING NOW,…..AND ASK ANY AND ALL WHO “FIND” THE VERY SIMPLE ANSWER AS TO WHAT GOD’S WILL FOR “ALL” OF OUR LIVES IS,……TO SHARE IT IN THE COMMENTS TO THIS………………it is only “half” of one sentence, by the way, that’s how easy it is to find it, or see it…..please let me know when you find it,………Thanks very much. I hope to hear from you soon!!!???

14. Tracy says:

Joe – I am so blessed that I found your blog yesterday. I am blessed by your post as well as the insightful comments I am finding. God revealed to me yesterday how important it is that we saturate ourselves with His Word and become intimate with it. Thanks also to Rebecca. I agree with the scripture about “praying about everything”. Before I leave my house, “where should I go today? Who do you want me to speak to about you?” Before I make a purchase, “Do you want me to spend money on this item?” etc. Blessings, Tracy

15. I appreciated your thorough thoughts on discovering and following God’s will for our lives. I have known so many who struggle to even walk into a restaurant or store worried they will choose “wrongly.” They are trapped by fear and the feeling every single decision must be carried to the Lord for his permission and guidance. It is sure easier to say here God you pick and then stay immobile when no discernible answer comes. An actual living thriving relationship with Him, fostered by daily intimate fellowship is liberating.

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Thank you, my friend. When we are obedient to God’s moral law (the things that are clear) and follow His principles, we are in His will most of the time. As you said, “An actual living thriving relationship with Him, fostered by daily intimate fellowship is liberating.” Well said!

16. christesmith says:

Excellent thoughts! I am just starting to see recently how I have missed God’s will by deliberately making my own choices but amazingly, God has circled me back around and repositioned me almost where I started – after having learned some tough but invaluable lessons. God is so good!

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Well said! God often allows our consequences to continue as He faithfully loves and teaches us the lessons we would otherwise never learn. I have learned some valuable lessons as the result of the continuing consequences for things that happened long ago.

17. omitusa says:

Love this post. So clear and insightful. The purpose of our existence can be fulfilled only if we rely upon God’s Word and His perfect will for our life. Thanks for the post.

18. Pingback: There is no higher authority than God « bummyla

19. Pingback: Spirit of Truth | Love Letters 2 Christ

20. Joe, much enjoyed this post. After a 2 1/2 year journey, I have just begun to realize it has not been so much my obedience to do His will that God had in His plans but that He wanted to heal my broken heart along the way. Who knew?
    I think this is His wish for us when He seeks us for His work. A better relationship with Him.

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

God is in the business of healing. I am glad to know you are healing as you grow in your relationship with Him.

21. pastorross12 says:

I have to ask when the going gets tough, “Am I staying within the boundaries of God’s promises and trusting Him to provide and bless?” When even my wants are in line with the desires of the One who has authority in my life (God), then He will provide for me, and His presence will guide me, on His terms. Thanks for another great framework message.

22. Pingback: I bow to you Lord | Love Letters 2 Christ

23. Rob Barkman says:

Very good posting… I appreciate your emphasis on using the Word of God in making all our decisions in life. I am in full agreement… the Word truly gives us everything we need to live our lives for Him. His Word, and it’s application for us to our lives is the key to us coming to an understanding of His will for our lives. Lord bless you.

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Amen! Exposure to God’s Word must lead to obedience otherwise it’s just another history lesson.

24. Pingback: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LEADERSHIP AND GROWTH OF GODLY FAMILIES (INTRODUCTION) « Vine and Branch World Ministries

25. Hi Joe,
    You are an encourager…Thanks so much for liking my blog as well. I’m sure that the Lord is using your incisive teaching and ministry to bless many…Have a great day…

26. Pingback: The Realm of Divine Power « power of language blog: partnering with reality by JR Fibonacci

27. Pingback: Finding Direction When You Have To Make a Decision | Social Behavioral Patterns–How to Understand Culture and Behaviors

28. I thank you twice today, once for your visit, and the second for the blessing of your post…it is very inspiring and its message clear, simple and concise! I will sneak in a third…you emulate one of the most important traits of our Lord, sharing the love that he blessed you with…with others! Have a very blessed evening my brother! I enjoyed our spirits conversing!

29. CJ Wallace says:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on God’s will for our lives. Continue to share the Biblical truths and may the Lord bless your work.

30. morethancurious says:

Joe – Thanks for taking on the tough questions! I appreciate your insights on differentiating different aspects of God’s will. But I’m still not sure I understand God’s “personal will”. What types of things fall into this category and how do we identify the threshold between the “ridiculous” and that which isn’t? I agree that wisdom definitely plays a huge role, but at the same time it is hard to hear God speak some times. What about the decisions that are big but not obvious…college vs. work force or the white Toyota vs. the red Nissan? These are choices with big implications but they don’t seem to relate to God’s moral will. Also, if God has a personal agenda for our lives is it possible to mess that up by making the wrong choice? If we mess one thing up does that automatically mean that other things are going to be messed up as a result – like dominoes? Sorry to ask so many questions but you’ve made me think. Thanks.

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Hi morethancurious, those are great questions! I apologize for not responding sooner. My schedule is extremely busy. But I’ll have an answer for you soon. Thanks for understanding, my friend!
      Joe

• johnedoe says:

i posted this in another comment space here already,…..i hope that as you read, you will understand why i have, and am doing so,……..it has to do with “our”, as christians/humans, desire to argue,…….it’s pretty cool stuff too,……….at least it is to me,……..
        GOOD MORNIN,…..lol,…I’m all in a good morning mood today!!! lol………….now, my confession,….it took me about two hours of nice reflective praying to get “here!!!!!!!” I’m not kiddin either! Yall ever have days like this??? For me, my morning was like those tests we had to take in grade school, the ones where we get to go out on the playground, but “ONLY AFTER” we, not only “finish” the test,…but PASS IT AS WELL,…WITH FLYING COLORS!!!! BIG OLD LOL!!!!!! BUT TRUE!!!

THE LAST 12 HOURS OF MY LIFE HAVE BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF MIRACULOUS!!! WHY??? BECAUSE I “TRULY DESIRED” FOR THEM TO BE!!! I HAVE DISCOVERED, OR, BEEN SHOWN, MUCH CONCERNING WISDOM! most of us, as christians, especially with the availability of “GOOGLE” can (and do!) rapidly “quote” scriptures all day long! As for wisdom,…we “google” wisdom,…in mere seconds, there are all the scriptures about wisdom,…then we just copy and paste,….AND VOILA!!!!! WE LOOK TO BE A HIGHLY EDUCATED BIBLE SCOLAR!!!!!!! WEEEEHHHEEEEE, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!! I’M A “KNOW-IT-ALL!!!!!!!!

OH,…BY THE WAY,……..THIS METHOD IS “NOWHERE REMOTELY CLOSE TO WHAT GODLY WISDOM IS!!!!!!” not at all…..jus sayin. is “wisdom”, something that we “HAVE?????” or, is “wisdom”, something that we “DO??????” the bible will reinforce that wisdom,….IS SOMETHING THAT WE DO!!!………………………..Solomon “had” wisdom, right???????? But,…it was “only” wisdom,..as long as he “used” it….correct??????? He built all the altars for his “too” many wives and concubines,…and he built them, on (in) high places,…right????? Solomon “compromised”,…correct??????? Why??????? Because HE, SOLOMON, WAS “NOT PRACTICING” WHAT HE “KNEW” TO BE THE “RIGHT” THING!!!!!!!……I think we know how it all ended for solomon, don’t we??? lol…if not, “google” it!!!! lol

You ever heard the old saying, “there is more than one way to skin a cat??????” I have been really, RRREEAALLLLLLYYYYYYYY thinkin and prayin about this lately!!!!!!! I’m really diggin what I have learned too!!!! And, I admit, that because of how “profoundly beautiful” (AND EXTREMEMLY SIMPLE!!!) what I,…”HAVE NOW” learned is, that I am extremely excited to share it with “whomever!!!” why????? Because it (WHAT I HAVE LEARNED, AND ACCEPTED) will “help us all” grow closer as “christian” brothers and sisters!!!!!! “GOD HIMSELF GUARANTEES IT!!!!!!!”

I am also a bit “nervous”, although nervous isn’t the correct word……….I AM “RESPECTFULLY FEARFUL”,…….WHICH MEANS THAT I AM “FEARFUL” IN A GODLY WAY! AND THIS IS THE BEST KIND OF FEAR TO HAVE!!!! IT MEANS THAT WE ARE (FREE) “WILLING”, AND HAVE A TRUE HEALTHY DESIRE TO LEARN A LESSON!!! IN OTHER WORDS,….WHEN WE LEARN GODLY LESSONS,……WE ARE MATURING. MEANING, WE ARE “GROWING UP!!!”

I don’t wanna leave you hangin,…..so I’ll share a little more bout what I learned as I go,……more later…………

• johnedoe says:

Hello morethancurious!!!! How are you???

First,…I gotta tell ya,…my name “is not” really “john doe!!!” lol! You probably guessed that already, huh??? Ok,…so here’s a tad about me, and there is a reason that I am writing this now, ok???
      I have no idea if you are “male or female”, nor does it matter,…as “people are people”, correct???
      Now,…As to WHY “I, MYSELF” am writing to YOU now????? Well, that has to do with Joe, himself.
      I’ll explain. You see, this is the “first time” that I have been “INTRODUCED”, to any and all people, like yourself, who have come here with questions or comments.
      You’ll understand in a second, I promise. lol

Anyway,…Joe is “not only“, my “brother”,…he is also my “friend.” (although he used to think that I was a serial killer! lol Inside joke there, sorry!) when I first read the things which Joe shares on his blog here, he (and his writings) reminded me very much of myself…….dare I use the term “kindred spirits???”

We, Joe and I, have similar interests,…and a “somewhat” similar past. But, that said, we are also very different,…as we all are as humans…and that is totally ok!!!
      We can all bring a little somethin different to the “family get together table” this way!!! Variety really can be the spice of life! so,…movin right along now………

As for me,…I like to laugh. l like to be happy. I like to have peace,…as I need peace.
      I say this because it is so difficult, many times, on the good old internet, to really get an “accurate, or a, good vibe” on who we are. I mean,…other than the black and white of our words, ya know??? As for why I am tellin you “about me???”
      I am just another human, but, I want you to know that I take what is written in the bible very seriously!!! In a good and joyous way!!!

Not in a “religious” kind of way! meaning,…the words in the bible have helped me to understand “me” more than ever before, as well as, understand “myself” more every day!
      IN OTHER WORDS, MY LIFE “ACTUALLY” HAS “LIFE” TO IT NOW!!!
      That said,…I share what I “see” in The Bible, as well as my thoughts concerning what is inside,…IN A “TOTALLY” DIFFERENT WAY (for the most part! lol) THAN THE WAY IN WHICH JOE DOES!!! LOL!

The saying “DIFFERENT STROKES, FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS” comes to mind here and now…

I SAID THAT,…TO SAY THIS,…

JOE and I have ONLY SPOKEN ONCE ON THE PHONE. We have emailed back forth as well…
      We have also SPOKEN OPENLY on his BLOG,………and every now and then, we communicate on mine. (actually Joe just makes fun of me!!!!! lol which is a good thing,….when it’s done in love!!!!!! Right Joe!!!!!!) In other words,…we are “both” able to keep a lighthearted attitude with each other! This is so crucial! Especially to “the Body of Christ!”

YOU SEE, TO ME, THE FACT IS THIS,………WE ARE NOT BLOGGING AND WRITING ABOUT WHY WE THINK THAT “TENNIS SHOES ARE BETTER THAN BOOTS!!!!!” WE WRITE AND SHARE WORDS, AND ABOUT THINGS WE “SEE”, AND ABOUT THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED,…CONCERNING WHAT WE BELIEVE TO BE THE DIVINELY INSPIRED WRITTEN WORD OF GOD. As I just wrote these words, I let myself re-read them before continuing…………….

In the first “Spiderman” movie, there is a line which is,…”WITH GREAT POWER, COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.”

As for myself,…I do “MY BEST” to CAREFULLY WEIGH and MEASURE WHAT I SHARE.
      Although there have been times that I have failed, the “true power” is in the attitude, or spirit, with which these words are shared…
      It “could be” easy for someone to “think/perceive” that I am at times, “uncaring,” this could not be farther from the fact of the matter, though…………….

(Speaking for “ONLY MYSELF”here, NOT JOE, as I AM the ONE SHARING THIS,…and Joe is just a “tad” like me, he will explain himself “whenever” he feels that he needs to,…and this, Joe does quite nicely! lol but seriously!!! k????)

I say this because, “if and when”, what, “I”, share is read “out of context”, especially when “what” I have written is “voiced” as a comment as to what another has shared, “ESPECIALLY IF I FEEL THAT IT IS “NON SCRIPTURAL”, meaning, “voiced/spoken” in a manner which will cause “others” to stumble and or be deceived,…thus hurting those, that not only Joe and I care about, but more importantly, “those” who GOD LOVES and CARES ABOUT. Then “I DO ADMIT” that “I MAY” come across as harsh.
      As I said earlier,…I like to laugh,…and I like to have joy,…and I especially like peace!
      Anyway,…movin along again. lol

As I said earlier, “WITH GREAT POWER, COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY”,…..

To me, sharing GOD’S WORDS, is “THEE SINGLE GREATEST RESPONSIBILITY” that I can think of! I am very serious about this, too!
      AS THESE WORDS HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES! MORE SO,…THEY HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES,… FOR THE BETTER! From darkness to light…
      These are WORDS of LOVE, and HEALING, and HOPE, and FORGIVENESS, and SALVATION, and PEACE, and JOY, and FREEDOM, and FAITH, and ETC, ETC, ETC,……..rest assured, I realize this VERY, VERY WELL.
      But on the other hand, “THESE WORDS“,…when USED and PRESENTED HURTFULLY,….HAVE THE POWER,…TO DESTROY!!!
      I am “very aware” of this, each and every day!!!!

SO, I AM IN NO WAY PERFECT!!! I DESIRE TO GROW MORE IN MY FAITH EVERY DAY! THIS A CONSTANT STRUGGLE FOR ALL OF US.
      I’ll be the first to tell you that I sometimes make mistakes. If I see something obvious, I try to make sure to apologize and or correct my “fault” as best as I may,…in doing this, also leads to my “spiritual maturity,…
      Thus helping me to “move forward” in, and with my life……thus,….I AM GROWING UP!!!!!

MY DESIRE IS TO SHARE, IN AND WITH THE “HOPE” AND “INTENT” TO “ENCOURAGE”,…AND TO “STRENGTHEN”,…AND,….TO “HEAL”,……NOT TO “HURT/HARM”,………..
      I have no “desire” to “DO HARM” to anyone when I wake up each day!

The SIMPLE fact is,….I TRULY CARE ABOUT EVERYONE’S “BEST, (meaning “Godly and Spiritual) INTEREST, THAT I AM SHARING,…”WHAT I WRITE” WITH!…….

And now, “another” little somethin about me is this,…I WRITE A LOT!!!??? LOL! But that’s ok with me!)

NOW,…to the end,…

At this moment, JOE IS QUITE BUSY,…and, NOT LONG AGO, much due to his new, and large, WORK LOAD,…(along with his family life and responsibilities) JOE “ASKED ME” to HELP to “ANSWER” some of the “QUESTIONS” which are, and have been asked by those of you, here on HIS BLOG SITE.

Many “people” here,…..”ARE NOT”,…and “WERE NOT” AWARE of this,…that is,…until now. Sorry.

Perhaps (for several reasons…some obvious, some not so obvious) I “SHOULD” have said “SOMETHING” about Joe asking me to help out at an EARLIER time,…as “some people” have THOUGHT that I just “POPPED UP” here, to say whatever I have to say, (as well as what I HAVE SAID in the past)…..simply “BECAUSE” MY CABLE TV IS BROKEN!!!!!????????????? LOL,…..(but no lol!!!!!!) I assure you, this isn’t the situation……..

In other words,….Joe asked me to “help/share” here,….thus, Joe has given me “authority” to do so,……..but,……I AM SORRY that I “HAVE FAILED” TO MENTION this EARLIER. hindsight being 20/20,…..I really WISH that I WOULD HAVE said SOMETHING EARLIER.
      I am truly sorry……………….
      Also, rest assured, JOE IS, and HAS BEEN, so GREAT at STEPPING UP, and in, to help me, and you, with “ANY AREA” that I “may” leave, or have left a “HOLE” in, so to speak….
      He will continue to do this, I’m sure. As I myself would if the situation was reversed…”TEAMWORK” can be a “GREAT THING!”

We (Joe and I) “work together” to “share” what we have (been given) to share,……….so that “all others” may grow stronger in their faith and daily walk with Jesus. And I “truly believe” that we both desire to do this in love,…………….even with, and spite of our “idiosi?????????” uuummmmm?????? oh!!! wait!!! Here ya go!!!!

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
      id·i·o·syn·cra·sy [ìddee ə síngkrəssee]
      (plural id·i·o·syn·cra·sies)
      n
      1. quirk: a way of behaving, thinking, or feeling that is peculiar to an individual or group, especially an odd or unusual one
      2. unusual response to something: an unusual or exaggerated reaction to a drug or food that is not caused by an allergy

[Early 17th century. Directly or via French idiosyncrasie < Greek idiosugkrasia , literally "personal mixing together" < krasis "mixing"]

YEAH!!! WITH "THOSE THINGS!!!!" Ok,…yall get the picture, right???

SO,….HELLO EVERY BODY! IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!! I'M JOHN E DOE! LOL!

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT SHOW CALLED THE "ODD COUPLE???????"

Well,……I think that sums up "Joe and me" quite well!!!

MORE LATER………..

• johnedoe says:

hey again “morethancurious”, how goes?????

I LOVE THE “DOMINOES” THING!!!!!,………..repercussions and consequences………yup…..

you have said and asked so much in this one comment! and that, to me, is a great thing! so, what i am going to do is this,….i am going to try to “apply” all that you wrote here, to my life, to better be able to “share my thoughts” with you now……….

i don’t want to refer to my words here, as answering your questions, though, ok????? i think that will “ultimately” be up to you to decide what the “answers” are,…..do you understand????,………..i guess what i mean is that “my journey” in this worldly life,….has been, and thus “will be”, different than yours………………so,…..what i have learned is that as long as “first things are first”,…then all the other things take care of themselves,……….as for “my experience” with it being “sometimes difficult to hear God??????” i understand,…..ALL TOO WELL!!!!! more in a bit,……..

• johnedoe says:

OK,…the DOMINOES thing???? …………i, in my life,…can relate this to a “train.” i didn’t google this, but if a train is traveling 60 miles an hour, and it;s pulling “X” amount of cars,…if the engineer throws on the brakes,….it takes a “mile” for that train to stop. when there has been a series of choices made, it can take a while to stop and regroup our lives. that is where i have “been” for the last couple of years. kind of like the “series of unfortunate events” thing.

the “train” thing, is my version of your “dominoes” theory,……………so……..a couple of days ago, i deleted all of my writings from my wordpress blog,…………what is in the past,…is in the past. now, my life is changing,…or actually,…my life is headed somewhere else. do i know where? where “exactly???” nope. do i need to know where it is headed? nope. why not??? because i have “peace” this day. first things first….and then,…tomorrow will take care of itself, especially when we “see and hear” God each day. can there be days or times when God is simply being totally quiet??? absolutely!!! does this kind of silence,…”His” silence mean that we are out of whack, or in trouble??? nope.

if we “live in tomorrow”,…HOW CAN WE LIVE IN TODAY???????????????????

more soon……………

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Hi morethancurious, are you following this conversation still? John has said some good things in response to your question. What are your thoughts so far?

• Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Hi morethancurious, since I have not heard back from you, I would like to give you a few practical questions to help you discern God’s personal will:
      1. How is God’s Spirit leading?
      2. What does God’s Word say?
      3. What are the implications for others?
      4. What are your motivations and intentions?
      5. What would you do if you had the freedom to do whatever you want?
      Hope this helps! Please let me know what you are thinking.

• morethancurious says:

Hi Joe and John – thanks for all your feedback and response. As you see, I’m not on here a ton, but I still really appreciate what you’ve added when I do get a chance.

I think we all would enjoy the freedom of knowing that we’re not in danger of straying from God’s will in all the day to day choices we make. The fear of choosing wrongly can cast a shadow over our lives and remove some of the joy that I think God intends for us to experience. That’s not to say that we can’t cause a train wreck (to use John’s analogy) in our lives if we deliberately make wrong or sinful choices, just that many if not most of the choices we make in a week’s time have nothing to do with sin or morality.

Joe, the questions you provided seem to open up the question of “what is God’s personal will?” a little bit and maybe make it a little less mysterious. While I still am not sure I’m clear as to what exactly God’s personal will is, I think I do feel better about how to try to figure it out. I’ll keep thinking through this one for a while as well. Thanks to you both!

• Rita Palmer says:

If we knew the will of God for our lives, we would be living in a perfect world, as He
          wants what is good, joyful, fruitful and on and on for us. There is another force at
          work here and that is Satan’s will. He is still working against us. The world will never be perfect, and we will never know all of God’s will for us. One thing we can know and that is if we are saved by Christ, and believe in Him, we will go to heaven. Staying in prayer, and grace, and seeking Jesus and the Holy Spirit in our decisions, can make our life so much better. Not perfect. Not the perfect house, the perfect job, the perfect family, or the perfect life. Scripture tells us there will be tribulation. God does talk to us, we just have to listen and know it is Him. Talking to Him, and asking Him questions and knowing He is in control, and trusting Him that everything will work out according to His will, not ours is a very good start. Put on the full amour of God! Find out how and keep moving forward.

31. simply amazing…… God surely does know when we are …….ready…. surely when we are NOT!

THANKS FOR SHARING – I needed this today my friend!

32. nicky301 says:

Thanks for liking one of my posts Joe, and giving me reason to come read some of yours…this post nails exactly what its like to seek after God’s will. People would be far less susceptible to false teachers if they would simply follow this excellent advice. Keep up the great work!

33. Pingback: Christian Life is a Journey « Joe Quatrone, Jr.

34. I value your opinion and wonder if I can ask for a favor? I have a follower who is struggling right now and needs encouragement. If you view my recent post, “Forgiving one another, including you” comments you’ll see what I mean. I do NOT want satan to win!!! I am hoping that if she receives support from fellow Christians, this will assist her in finding God’s direction to overcome something in her life which prevents her from following His will. Thank you so much for your kindness.

35. Pingback: Finding Direction When You Have To Make a Decision « Ronnie Murrill

36. Pingback: The Love God Hates – part 2 | Pastor Joe Quatrone, Jr.